FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE OF INDIA
LAW COLLEGE ROAD, PUNE - 411 004.
25430363, 25430017 (Ext.210)
|Fax No. :
|Purchase Officer :
||Date of Enquiry :
|Tender Enquiry No. :
||PN / 107
||Due Date :
||18/01/2011 by 12.00 noon
|Subject :Limited Tender Enquiry for making of DVDs of the latest diploma films
The Film and Television Institute of India plans to release a DVD of the latest student films. These are seven final year Diploma student films (a couple of films expected to be included) and many of them are awarded and acclaimed films in the film festivals and similar events in India and abroad. The films have been certified by the CBFC, Mumbai and the FTII will provide English subtitled Digi Beta cassettes of these films. The selected bidder will be required to undertake the entire standard process of production (authoring, mastering etc.) including book type case cover / jacket for the DVDs etc.
Sealed quotations are invited from desirous parties for manufacturing and distributing of these student films in DVD format for home video. The bidders will be required to bear all the expenses towards for the production of DVDs. For this purpose, they should have own set up / arrangement for production and distribution of these DVDs throughout India. Interested parties / bidders are requested to quote for the royalty amount, preferably per minute and other details. The selected bidders will be required to enter an Agreement with FTII particulars of which are enclosed herewith and are also available on our website : www.ftiindia.com in the Tender section. The last date for acceptance of sealed tenders is 18th Jan 2011 by 12.00 noon and they will be opened on the same day at the Conference Hall, TV Building FTII at 3.00 pm. The bidders may attend the opening of tenders process but only one person from one company with a proper authorization letter from the company.
Terms and Conditions
- The FTII is a premiere Institute imparting training in the art and craft of filmmaking and television production. It is an autonomous body under the Government of India, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting receiving deficit budget grant.
- As a regular event and with a view to get recognition to the films prepared by their students, it has been decided by the FTII to release the DVDs of student films.
- The selected bidder shall undertake the work of producing and releasing the DVDs of student films so as to get sufficient recognition and wider reach to these films and they shall take care of the entire production process including book type case cover / jacket for the DVDs etc.
- The selected bidder shall take care of the entire Production process at its own costs and the FTII shall not be liable towards the expenses, costs of the production of DVDs of student films.
- The FTII shall provide the student films to the selected bidder for preparation of draft product and the selected bidder will produce the draft product for approval of concerned faculty member/s of the FTII and or an expert committee as approved by the Director. The expert committee will check the quality of the authored and mastered material prepared for DVD. The selected bidder will make final print only after obtaining in writing approval of the FTII.
- The Institute will provide English subtitled Digi Beta cassettes of these films available in good condition.
- The FTII will make arrangement for delivery and return of the English subtitled Digi Beta cassettes of these films at Mumbai which should be returned to the FTII with the audio-visual material prepared for transfer on DVDs.
- The FTII has exclusive rights for the films produced by them. However, it can grant to the selected bidder non-exclusive rights of producing DVDs by them.
- The FTII can grant License to the selected bidder for producing the DVDs of the Student Films after approval by the FTII. The FTII will agree that in respect of these DVDs produced by the selected bidder, they shall have exclusive rights in respect of the DVDs so produced and the selected bidder is entitled to sell these Films to the private channels subject to the intimation in writing to the FTII. In that case, out of the royalty earned by the selected bidder, they will agree to pay 25% of the royalty to the FTII. However, the FTII shall have exclusive right to deal with these films with Government channels like DD Bharti, Lokasabha channel etc
- The FTII can provide the Student Films at the request of the selected bidder for exhibiting the same theatrically for promotional purpose in India. In that case the selected bidder will to bear the entire expenses towards transportation etc.
- The selected bidder will be entitled to distribute and market these DVDs through their nation wide network and outside India. The FTII will agree that the selected bidder shall have exclusive rights as regards sale and distribution of these DVDs
- The FTII has exclusive rights as regards the student films and the FTII being producer is entitled to deal with the same in any manner. However if in the international market the selected bidder finds any buyer for any of these films, they are entitled to proceed with the said transaction subject to intimation in writing about the same to the FTII. In that case the selected bidder shall pay to the FTII 25 % of the royalty they get through the transaction.
- The selected bidder will launch these DVDs as suggested by the FTII during the Lensight Film Festival to be held shortly.
- The selected bidder will be required to intimate in writing about the financial transaction as regards sale, exhibit, market and distribution of DVDs and films in the India and outside India.
- The term of this contract will be 7 years, after which the contract will have to be renewed at the discretion of the FTII.
- During the subsistence of this tenure the FTII is entitled to terminate the Agreement in case the selected bidder fails to pay 25% royalty amount to the FTII agreed to in the respective clauses. The selected bidder may terminate the agreement by giving one month notice to the FTII.
- In addition to the amount described above, the bidder will be required to bid for the royalty amount per minute for the films selected for inclusion in the DVDs. This amount will be paid in advance. No fees or royalties or acquisition fees over the above mentioned amount is to be paid by the selected bidder to the FTII.
- Promotion/publicity material is to be made available by the FTII to the selected bidder at his cost.
- The selected bidder shall provide 250 complimentary copies of the DVDs to the FTII free of cost.
- The selected bidder will maintain an active, aggressive and consistent product for promotion of these DVDs.
- The selected bidder will use its best efforts to prevent piracy of the DVDs.
- The selected bidder will be required to enter into Agreement prepared by the FTII for the purpose and will have adhere strictly to the clauses agreed to during the entire tenure of the Agreement.
- The Limited Tender should be submitted in the Two Bid Format i.e there should be two separate envelopes superscribed with technical bid & commercial bid each. Both the envelopes to be sealed separately and put together in a separate bigger envelope superscribed with Limited Enquiry Number & Due Date. Late tender will not be considered.
- The technical bid envelope may contain the company’s profile in short and past experience, last three years income tax statement, PAN card number, VAT / Sales and or Service Tax number, Registration number – photocopies of all these documents to be attached in support with self attestation and duly stamped. Also this Limited Tender Document copy, each page to be signed & stamped and to return back inside the technical bid.
- The commercial bid will have only prices mentioned for the services as asked and any other terms and conditions of your company. The commercial bid to be submitted on the letter head of the company duly signed and stamped.
- An EMD of Rs 5,000/- may be submitted along with the Limited Tender Enquiry.
- Prices quoted must be open for acceptance for a minimum period of 120 days from date of opening of the Limited tender/quotation.
- Canvassing in any form is not allowed and will entail cancellation of the offer.
- FTII reserves the right to accept or reject in part or whole, any or all the tenders received without assigning any reasons there of.
*Download description of Diploma Films