An academic journal of Film and television Institute of India
Lensight has made a comeback in February 2015 with a new mandate and a new way of looking at the art of moving images.
The January - June 2016 issue of FTII's prestigious academic journal 'Lensight' was released 15/06/2016 in the hands of eminent film scholar Samik Bandopadhyaya. Bhupendra Kainthola, Director, and Anil Zankar, Prof. Screen Studies and Research were also present on the occasion. The Journal was released during the ongoing 41st Film Appreciation Course in FTII.
Single copy Rs. 200/-, Annual subscriptions Rs. 600/- (download the subscription form) [link to be provided]
The Documentary Archive
1. Exploring Tagore through documentaries: a universal man with many facets
2. The lesser Known of Prabhat!
3. Of Sensitivities and Sensibilities: Documentaries made the FTII students
The Biopic Essay Form
4. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar: a biographical Essay Film’
The Documentary Discourse
5. Visuality and Writing: The Reclaimable Interface, the Realizable Interference
6. Documentary and Documentation or Documentary is Dead
7. Citizenship and Nomadity in Documentary Narrative:Raja Shabir Khan’s Shepherds of Paradise
8. Talking about Lightning: An interview with Manuela Morgaine
Documentary:Form and Technology
9. Authenticity of Hybrid Documentaries: An Exploration of their Contiguity to Docudramas Neeraja Vyas
10. Changing Trends: New Media and a Paradigm Shift in Documentaries
'Lensight' accepts contributions of academic and analytical nature from researchers, teachers, and film critics. The contributors are requested to send a synopsis (maximum 200 words)
Lensight annual subscription form Click here to download
Single Copy - Rs.200/-
Please visit FTII Campus for single copies of Lensight Journal.